Monday, November 9, 2009

Sometimes you just need a break...

Have you ever felt that you were pushing and pushing to get everything done...and yet still were so far behind? I've felt like that a lot the past few months. Last week Melissa gave me the day off. She said I was not to come to work...I was to go have some fun. I must admit it was hard for me. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I did have 2 doctor appts. that day, but between them I picked up some lunch and went to Cove Park. After eating a leisurely lunch, I sat there on the park bench and just enjoyed the beautiful day. I could feel the warmth of the sun on my back...I could hear the birds singing...I could see the beautiful leaves and the water move as the wind blew across it. For just a short time, I felt relaxed and at peace. My life has been such a whirlwind the past few months since my car accidents. I'm better, but still in therapy. Many days I just feel too tired to continue going on. But then I get to have a day of rest and I'm rejuvenated...at least for a little while. I think we all need breaks every once in a while. Have you had a break lately? Try and find some time to just go and sit and enjoy the beautiful world that God has given us. I know I'm going to try to take breaks more often.



The Yarn Bowl Challenge is over. We had an independent judge come in to pick our winners. She said to tell you that many of you did wonderful jobs on your caps. It was very hard for her to choose, but here are the winners...

Most productive knitters and crocheters: Sandy Privets, Linda Cepeda, Kori Tisdale & Aggie Wallace (each of these ladies made over 250 caps each!!)

Most UT Spirit: Mary Beth Cox for her UT helmet hat


Most Unique: Kristina Plaas for her many cute original designs



We had a good time making all of these little caps. I'm glad we had the opportunity to help out our community hospitals.

Now go enjoy this beautiful day!!

No comments: