Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
- I try to turn off lights when I leave a room.
- Fill a large glass jar with water and put in the tank of your toilet. It will save water every time you flush.
- Our Go Green program is designed to reduce the number of paper bags that we use. It has been a huge success and folks have enjoyed winning gift certificates just for not taking a bag when they make purchases.
- When my printer misprints...or prints a page I didn't intend to print, I use the back side of the paper as scrap paper...and then put it in my paper trash can to recycle.
- I also reuse bags...plastic, paper or cloth...until they go into the recycling bin.
- Did you know that every box that arrives at The Yarn Haven goes to the Goodwill Recycling Center at the intersection of Cross Park Drive and Park Village Rd.? We break them down and once a week take them to the Recycling Center. If you ever need boxes for storage or moving, then Saturday is the best day to come by and get boxes from us. Then once you are finished with the boxes, please recycle them. Besides cardboard boxes, they also accept plastics, aluminum and steel cans, glass, mixed paper, household batteries and reuseable household goods. Why not make a habit of stopping there to drop off items each time to come to The Yarn Haven?
- We have trash cans set up at the shop for you to divide out your mixed paper, plastic, soda cans, and garbage. Please make sure the items get in the appropriate can. This really helps us on recycling days. You can do this at home as well.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. There are lots of other ideas! So what are YOU doing to help save our planet?? We'd love to hear your ideas.
Monday, April 19, 2010
We also got to meet our grandkitten, Luna, for the first time. She doesn't like to be picked up, nor have her picture taken, but she does like to be petted. I think it will take me a while to warm up to her as cats are just not my favorite pet.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Karissa chose a pale blue thread for her doillie. Very dainty looking.
Kristina's made a diferent edging on her doillie, but it still looks great! Love the color.
Annhara's brown doillie will look great anywhere in her home.
Laura chose a real pretty blue for her doillie.
And Sandra's fuchsia doillie really stands out. Very pretty.
It was amazing to see how the doillies came out different sizes according to everyone's gauge. Thank you to all these gals for joining our CAL. We'll do another mystery CAL next March. And who knows, we might even do one sometime else during the year. I've had several requests to do another one, and I think that's a great idea!
On a different note, I was driving back to the shop one day last week and saw the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile ahead of me. I was surprised to find them pulling into our shopping center. I just had to take a picture...because it's not every day that you see a giant hot dog going down the road. Some of the Lace KAL gals suggested that we go out and have our picture taken with it, but that idea got voted out rather quickly.
Well, have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this beautiful summer weather we're having so early. Hope this doesn't mean that this summer is going to be unbearably hot. Pray for some rain or we might be in for another drought soon.