Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm a Great-Aunt again!!

Yesterday at 2:41 pm I became a great-aunt once again. My nephew, Chris, and his wife, Kellie, brought little Jackson William Godwin into this world weighing 4# 10 oz. and 18" long. He was 5 weeks early, but considering Kellie has some health issues, it was a miracle he even made it. Welcoming a new baby into the family is always a wonderful thing, but this little guy is special for several reasons. One, he is named after my daddy, William Godwin. And also, he is the one to carry on the Godwin name as all of the Godwin boys have had girls. So we are very excited and I can't wait to actually hold him. Here is the only photo I have of him so far. Hopefully, Chris and Kellie will find time to post some other photos on Facebook. My brother, David, says he looks a little like Chris did when he was born. And I could tell my brother was just beaming when he called me with the news. This is his first grandchild by blood. Although he has several other grandchildren with his wife, Janice, that I know he loves as well. But there's just something about holding your first grandchild for the first time. I still remember holding Ariel when she was born. In fact, someone took a picture of that moment and it's one that I will cherish forever.

Want to see some finished projects that my customers have made? Well, here they are...

Kristina finally finished this enormous pi shawl. Isn't it just gorgeous! You can tell by her smile that she's proud of it. And she should be!


Jan made a scarf out of Malabrigo yarn. It was a free pattern on Ravelry by Two Left Needles called "Homespun Scarf".


Mary Beth's used Malabrigo's new Twist yarn to make this Shell Lace Stole. It's also a free pattern on Ravelry.

Three beautiful finished projects...and a gorgeous weekend to boot. Blessings to you all!

No comments: