Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Week at Camping...

I missed seeing many of you last week because I was camping with the Gray family. We went out to Melton Hill campground and had a wonderful week. It was very hot, but a lot of fun spending time with family.

I loved seeing the deer by the road...


and the butterflies that were flying from flower to flower.


My grandkids came up and spend the night with us almost every night. It was fun seeing them play with their cousins.


Jasmine enjoyed swinging on the hammock with my oldest daughter, but not much else. It was just too hot for her. In fact we had to bring her home mid-week because she had a seizure from it being so hot. Scared me to death! Thankfully, she is all right now.


My granddaughter enjoyed fishing...
but the thrill for me was catching my first fish! It was just a small blue gill, but I caught several other small ones as well. Might have to get my own rod and reel next year!
All in all, a fun time and I'm looking forward to going again next year. Hopefully, it will be a little cooler then.


Now, for a show and time time...


Patty's vest was made out of her handspun yarn. Isn't it pretty!


Melissa finished her Tropical Punch shawl out of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. Nice colors that will go with a lot of things!


Kristina brought in her Aurantium Shawl out of Cascade Alpaca Lace. I might have to make this shawl. Very pretty.


Marilyn finished her socks out of Swedish Yarn Raggi.


And she also made some dishcloths out of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale.


So folks have been busy this summer working on their projects! Hope your knitting and crocheting projects are coming along as well. Stop in soon and see what's new at The Yarn Haven!

No comments: