Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Spirit of Giving

I'm almost finished knitting Ariel's felted slippers. She is going to absolutely love these slippers. Not only will they keep her feet warm...but they have purple on them!! The color of choice these days.




These slippers were so quick and easy to make. Much faster than the adult version that I usually make. I'm thinking of having folks make this smaller version when they take the Felted Slippers class. Although folks seem to like making slippers for themself the first time. Can't say that I blame them? What do you think? Should the class learn to make felted slippers by making the adult version or the kid version?

The 2nd shipment of the orange and white "Go UT" sock yarn from J-Knits has arrived. The first shipment simply flew out the door. All you UT fans, stop in and get you a skein. I really like this sock yarn...and we got in some of Julie's "normal" colorways as well!



I just want to say how thankful I am for my customers. They have been so supportive of the various charity projects we have done this year. From making chemo caps for the Caris Hospice to making blankets for Project Linus to making a gazillion green scarfs for the sailors on the U.S.S. Greeneville...they have been so generous with their time. A few months back we helped a lady who had lost everything she had to a fire in her apartment complex. We gathered together our "extras"...because what knitter doesn't have extras...and donated them to her...boxes and boxes of things. I got an email from this gal today with the following message:


Dear Sandy and all the wonderful Knoxville Knitters-

I couldn't think of a grand enough way to say thank you for raiding your stashes and helping me get back to my knitting so soon after the awful fire my family went through. Then it came to me. I have been knitting up a storm and now my family is ready for the cold winter. I hope you like the picture.

Much love and gratitude for all your kindness,
Laura

And while I'm on the subject of giving, I must personally thank two special ladies who have come to my Thursday Night Stock Night several times to help me put away the new yarns that arrive here almost daily. Phil and Marilyn, you gals are the best! Others who have also helped out include Betsy, Olivia, and Phaye. Thank you for giving of your time to help me catch up as quick as possible. Tonight as I count my blessings, I am counting all of you.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I love the slippers, especially the colors. My vote would be to go for the adult slippers in class as not everyone would have someone "small" to give the child ones too. But I guess we could turn it into a charity project.
Robin Orewiler

Sandy said...

Robin, that's a good thought. I guess we could give folks the choice of making an adult size or a child's size... because basically they're done the same way. Thanks for your input!

laurie said...

I enjoyed the class too.The first slipper is the hardest( learning curve)then the second slipper goes fast and easy. I do wish I had the conversion for children's sizes. My 5y/o has been begging me to make a pair for "littler feet"

Sandy said...

Laurie, I have the Fiber Trends pattern for the kids' clogs in the shop if you're interested. They really are cute.