Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back on the road to good health

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I have replaced blogging with coughing for the past 2 weeks. I just haven't had the energy to keep going at the same pace as before. Not a fun exchange...but one none the less. But now that I'm feeling a bit better...and coughing a little bit less...I'll try and fill you in on some of my knitting projects.

First of all, my UFO report. I finished my Panda Cotton socks!

I started these socks with my first 2 "Learn to Knit Socks" classes last spring. But since I'm trying to finish up UFOs this year, I worked on them a bit more and they are ready to wear. You should see these short-cuffed socks on my feet this spring when the weather turns a little warmer.


Many of you have noticed the gorgeous Crayon Box Jacket hanging up at the shop. Lisa made this jacket for her sister, and not only loaned it to us to admire, but offered to teach this class for us as well. I took the Crayon Box Jacket class last year at Market, but got to the class late and never really got a good grasp on how it worked. So I decided that when Lisa gave the class that I would be one of the students. I must say this has been a fun class...but a bit challenging. There are a lot of decisions to make along the way...such as which design to do each mitered square in...and which color(s) to do it in...and whether or not the yarn chosen needs an add-along yarn or not. But what fun it has been to see the various colors come alive. I chose to do mine in turquoise and purples...with a little pink, blue and lime added in for fun. So far, here is what my sleeve looks like.



I can't wait to finish this jacket. It should be hanging up on display in the next couple of weeks. Lisa has agreed to teach this class again on the Tuesdays in March. If you're interested in taking the class, be sure to sign up ASAP because I know there are a lot of folks interested. This is definitely a one of a kind jacket. A great way to use up some of your yarn stash...and add some new ones also. And it will sure bring out your creative side! Oh...the other gals in the class are making some absolutely beautiful jackets as well. We just might have to have a fashion show to show them all off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, this class is so much fun!! Sandy your jacket will be gorgeous. I love your color choices, I may copy your colors on my next one. I dare say, "I'll bet there isn't a Crayon Box Jacket I wouldn't like". Even in our class each one was so different, but all were beautiful. Now, if I can just get it finished! Thanks Lisa (the instructor), I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, this class is a blast.... I have finished my Crayon Box Jacket and Sandy will be posting pictures of it soon... (Hint Hint)
It was my first sweater and it wasn't hard at all once you got your gauge right. Lisa is a great teacher and I am already thinking about the next one I will make.