Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A New School Year begins...

Well, another school year has started. With Knox County school starting a bit later, I hadn't realized that my son would be back at pharmacy school when Ariel began 1st Grade this year. So Monday was my day to be "parent" and pick her up from her school, get her some lunch, take her to day care, and then pick her up later in the afternoon in time to go to soccer evalutions. Whew! I had forgotten how long it takes to pick up kids when there is early dismissal. I sat in the car line so long that I was able to knit quite a few rows on my sweater. And when it finally came my turn to pull up, there was my sweet granddaughter...with a hole in her mouth. She was so excited to tell me that she had pulled out her loose tooth. I knew her daddy was going to be disappointed to hear that she had lost her tooth while he was gone. So I told her to keep it in a safe place...because the tooth fairy only visits on weekends. :-) My oldest grandson, Joshua, also started 1st Grade. When I asked his mom what he had thought about school, she said that he absolutely loved it. I hope it will be a good year for both of them.

No comments: