Friday, August 21, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Last night was Parent Night at Ariel's school. Since my son is away at school, I was the "designated parent" for the evening. It was fun to go see her little desk, meet her teacher, and learn some things about 1st Grade. As I was leaving the school, there was this beautiful double rainbow in the sky. It took my breath away. The past couple of months have been very difficult ones for me. First it was the two car accidents...then the many, many therapy sessions...then the emotional problems of driving. Having to deal with all of that plus run a yarn shop has been a challenge. To be honest, I just haven't been there for you all. I've been so focused on me that I haven't had the creativity needed to keep you all inspired with your knitting and crochet projects. But seeing this awesome rainbow that God had put in the sky gave me hope. It helped to remind me that the very first rainbow was put there with a promise. And that God continues to give me hope and a promise that He cares for me. All of these bad circumstances will pass. And I will eventually get better and become my old self again. Until then, I appreciate you patience...and your encouragement. I feel very loved by my customers...who indeed are my friends. I have been blessed.

Now before I get all teary-eyed, let's move on to some finished projects that folks have brought in.

Lisa left this gorgeous shawl with me this summer when she left to go out west for a while. It's Knitting at KNoon's "Wrap Me Up" shawl. We have gotten in Knit One, Crochet Too's Paintbox yarn as one of the options for knitting this shawl. You could also use Noro's Silk Garden. This shawl is all about learning different techniques. If you'd like to learn to make it, you might want to sign up for one of Lisa's Weekly Classes. You should be able to complete this shawl in 6 weeks.



And Melissa finished her Angel Island Shell from Just One More Row. She used the Filatura di Crosa Carioca yarn. Very nice job, Melissa!



Elisa brought by this darling "Just like a Peasant" cap. She got the pattern on Ravelry and used the Malabrigo yarn. This was a chemo cap she made for her boyfriend's mother. Very cute!



And finally, Nonie brought in the wrap she made out of Cascade Cash Vero. The buttons she chose to put on them were just perfect. I love this, Nonie.





Hope to see you at our Friday Night Knitting Club this evening!

3 comments:

Moon Torbett said...

Melissa's shell has been on my mind ever since I saw here wearing it that one day. Beautiful!

Denise said...

Totally off subject but....I want to knit a cap in the Volunteers colors for my neice. Can you suggest a yarn and color? It's hard to gauge the color on line.

Sandy said...

Denise, I have a great UT orange in DK weight and worsted weight. Stop by the shop and we'll try to help you pick out just the right color.