Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brrr..it's cold outside...

I don't know about you, but I am definitely over the cold and snow this year. I'm ready for spring already. It's sad when you've over something and you still have 2 months to go.


I been trying to finish up some projects lately. My oldest UFO was started about 2 years ago. I had all the pieces finished. All I had to do was the border. But for some reason I never could get motivated to finish it. Now that I have finished it, I'm glad I did. So here is my Crayon Box Jacket...all ready to wear!! Lisa is doing a Crayon Box Jacket class starting next Saturday if you want to jump in.


I also finished the Orange and White scarf out of Fiesta Boomerang yarn. This was a quick knit using Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "One Row Handspun Scarf" pattern. Now I'm all ready to go cheer on our TN vols and Lady Vols!!


Knit One, Crochet Too has a yarn called Ty Dy Wool that made a great multi-directional scarf. It looks complicated, but isn't.


And I finally finished a scarf for my hubby out of Cascade 220. He got the hat last year...and now the scarf. Bless his heart...he always seems to get things late. I really need to make him a vest. I promised him one several years ago before I opened the shop and, needless to say, he's still waiting on that vest. Sigh.


I have a couple of projects to share that others have brought in as well. Marilyn finished her Lizard Ridge from Knitty using Noro Silk Garden yarn. Isn't it pretty!


And Mary made this darling sweater, hat and mittens set for her great-grandson. Very cute!


Mary Beth recently brought in the "Ice Queen Cowl" from Knitty. She used Jojoland's Cashmere to make it. So very soft!


And Sarah made a "Better Bucket Hat" out of Plymouth Encore yarn. Very stylish!


Kelora's grandson had to come by and show off his cute little "Gavyn" sweater that Kelora had made for him out of Plymouth Oh My yarn. I'm not sure who's cuter...Johnny or the sweater.


Next week I'll share with you all of the projects that have come in for January and announce our "Knitter or Crocheter of the Month". If you've still got projects that you have finished, bring them in this next week so you can get in the drawing!


Stay warm...and keep knitting and crocheting!!

No comments: