Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days...

What fun our family has had the past couple of days with the recent snow storm. On Monday, my hubby, my son & my granddaughter went out and starting building an igloo. They worked on it for a good part of the day. Finally, by evening it was finished. It's just big enough for 2 people to get inside.


Here are the 3 generations of igloo building folks!



My son even built a little seat inside for Ariel to sit on. We sent the photos in to the TV stations and were excited to hear from other people that WATE had put one of the photos on their broadcast. Ariel's been going around saying that now our whole family is famous.


Building igloos is not something new with the Gray family. I went back and looked up igloos that we had made from previous years. Here's one we made in 1986 when we were visiting my folks here in Knoxville. My son and oldest daughter was in this photo...along with Dad being inside the igloo. My son was 7 years old...the same age that my granddaughter is now. It's quite fun to see how similar they look...and act. I remember my hubby wanting the kids to sleep overnight in this igloo. There's no way that I was going to allow that to happen. I had great fears of them being buried alive in the middle of the night when the igloo collapsed around them.


Another igloo was made the following year when we lived in Lawrenceville, Georgia. All 3 of our children helped that year...along with the neighborhood kids.
That igloo had a window that we could peek in. Our youngest daughter's smiling face is captured in this photo.


Every time we see an igloo it brings back memories of excited children, cold hands & feet, pink cheeks, hot chocolate and a tired mom and dad. I wasn't able to help with this year's igloo because of my back problems. But I was there in spirit...and ready to snap some photos to look back on in the years to come.


Jasmine seemed to enjoy the snow...even though she hates to be cold. I caught her last week sleeping on top of a pillow that we have at the shop as a shop model. I didn't have the heart to wake her up and make her move. She looked so comfy there.


I hope your family enjoyed the snow this week. But I have to admit I'm ready for it to all go away now. I need to get back on a regular schedule and stay at the shop long enough to get some more yarn ordered. But for a while the winter winderland that we had was an enjoyable event...one that made some more family memories.

No comments: