Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Show and Tell Tuesday

Well, last Friday I came to work feeling not so great and went home after about 30 minutes when it became apparent that I was coming down with something. Melissa was so kind to help out here at the shop all day Friday, during the Friday Night Knitting Club, and then back again on Saturday. She was a big help and I sooooo appreciated knowing I could go home, get in bed and sleep as long as I needed to without worrying about the shop. Thanks Melissa!

So I missed our show and tell time on Friday. But never fear, Tuesday is just as good of a day to share with you as Friday. So without further ado, here are some of the items that you all are making.

Donna brought in her Block of the Month afghan to show. She used the Red Java and Golden Ochre colors of the Malabrigo yarn to create this gorgeous afghan. She has some other afghans she is working on in different colors. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

And she used the Cascade Victor yarn in the sale bin to make dog sweaters for her 2 cute little dogs. The pattern is the Fiber Trends Dandy Dog Sweaters. There are 3 different stitches on the pattern and she chose the mock cable stitch. I'm going to have to make my little dog and my grandpuppy one of these sweaters. Great job on all your projects, Donna!

Marilyn used Berroco Jasper yarn to create this earflap hat for a Christmas present. The pattern was written for back and forth knitting, but she learned in the Weekly Class how to do the pattern "in the round". A much more pleasant experience in my opinion. Someone's going to love finding this hat under the tree. Very nice, Marilyn!

Well, have a great week and I hope to share more Show and Tell projects with you on Friday.

No comments: