Saturday, November 29, 2008

Show and Tell Saturday

Yesterday was soooo busy that I never found the time to do show and tell. After we closed the shop last night all I wanted to do was go home and put my feet up. What a fun day...but a busy one! My daughter, Sarah, got to come and spend some time with me at the shop. It was a treat having her here. Unfortunately, I had to wear my boot most of yesterday. I'm concerned because I don't think my foot has made much improvement. I know that it takes time to heal these types of injuries, but I'm not a very patient person when it comes to physical problems.

Well..on to show and tell. Melissa brought in a pair of socks she made out of Crystal Palace Panda Wool. She used the free pattern from Ravelry for Komet socks by Stephanie van der Linden. She also showed me a sock she had made for her son out of Crystal Palace Panda Cotton and Brown Sheep Wildfoote. She said her son had been wearing the first sock even before the 2nd one has been completed.

Ann finished her sweater from the Weekly Class. Lisa helped her make up the pattern out of Noro's Silk Garden. The buttons she added were the Tagua Nut ones we had here in the shop. Didn't she do a nice job!



Missy just got a refresher course in crocheting about 2 weeks ago after years and years of not crocheting. Her first project was to crochet this darling baby blanket out of Cascade 220 superwash yarn. The pattern is in the Hooked Throws book that we have here in the shop. She had this blanket finished in less than a week. Way to go, Missy!

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. If you need ideas for gifts for Christmas, I hope you'll come to The Yarn Haven for all your knitting and crocheting needs. Let the shopping begin!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann's sweater is absolutely beautiful!!! Everyone will be expecting her to knit something for Christmas!!
Elaine Williamson