Saturday, July 11, 2009

Show and Tell...Saturday

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. But to tell the truth, I totally forgot about it until last night. I just haven't been myself lately and I've become very forgetful. I guess I can blame it on the pain meds I've been taking for my back. I'm now in physical therapy 3 times a week trying to get my back healed. I've been raving about my physical therapist...but I'm a little put out with him at the moment. He had me do some exercises on this machine yesterday. My treatments previously had been ultrasound, electrical stim, massage, etc. You know, the kind where you just lay there and someone else does all the work. Well, I only used the machine 6 minutes, but today my back is so stiff and hurts likes the dickens. I feel like I've taken a step or two backwards. Next week he's signed me up for some aquatic therapy. I hope that movement in the pool will feel better than his exercise machine. But I can't blame him totally. He set the timer for 6 minutes, but midway through when he saw it was beginning to hurt my back, he said he'd be happy if I just did 5 minutes. Well, you know me...that felt like a challenge...and so I pushed forward and did 6 minutes because I wanted to show him I could do it...plus I'm really wanting to get better as quick as possible. Bad decision. I should have stopped at 5 minutes...or even before. Pain does not always mean you are gaining. So as an update on my health, I have good days and bad days...some very emotional for me...as I try to regain both my physical and emotional health that two car accidents have taken away from me. Everyone keeps telling me it will get better. I'm still waiting on that and trusting that what they say is true. But after 3 weeks of having my life turned upside down, I'm struggling a bit to believe it. I do appreciate all the kind thoughts...and hugs...from everyone. They help make life a little more bearable these days.

Well...on to what you've really come here to read about...finished projects!!

Marilyn made this gorgeous Adult Surprise Jacket...and had it lined. Very cool idea! She made this jacket in one of our Weekly Classes.

Mary Beth's elephant was a hit when she brought it in the shop. It even got to wear the Bama cap from our Yarn Bowl Challenge. We thought that was very appropriate.




Carmen made this Swing Vest out of Malabrigo. Great choice of yarn for this Oak Couture pattern! This vest can be made out of worsted weight or chunky weight yarn and the pattern comes in some plus sizes as well.

And Leigh made a bunny and bear for a baby gift out of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale. Too cute!
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Now's the time to start thinking about gifts to make for Christmas. Come on into The Yarn Haven and we'll help you pick out some projects for your family and friends.

No comments: