Monday, July 6, 2009

Preemie Cap Day review

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. I didn't do anything special...just sit around and watch movies, read, knit and try to rest my back. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to work on the house as I had planned. But my back simply would not let me do much. Plus the meds that the doctor gave me made me very sleepy. My back is feeling a little bit better, but I have a way to go to get back to normal. I appreciate all of your concerns. It means a lot to me.

I didn't get a chance to do Show and Tell on Friday because I took the day off. I went to physical therapy and then went home and took a nap. But I did want to share with you a little about our Preemie Cap Day last week. We had a wonderful time making caps. We had a contest to see who could guess the number of caps up on our "Wall of Caps". Anna was our winner and will receive several skeins of Baby Ull in our UT orange color. (More of the orange and white in Baby Ull has been ordered for those of you wanting to make UT preemie caps.) We had folks drop in and out all day long. We emptied the baskets and put all the caps on the wall before the day started. But by the end of the day we had one basket already full with caps either made that day or caps that were brought in! Hope you can join us for our next Preemie Cap Day.


Don't forget the All Day Knit Class that starts tomorrow. The morning class is from 10 am - Noon and the afternoon class is from 1-3 pm. Or you can come all day long for both classes. If you haven't signed up yet and want to come, I think there are still a few spots open, so just come on down or call me first thing in the morning.

Hope you all have a good week and that you're starting to think about what gifts you'd like to make to give for Christmas. Now's the time to start working on those projects during our lazy days of summer. See you soon!

2 comments:

Miracle Bebe said...

As a mother of a preemie infant, the day that the NICU gave a little yellow knitted hat to my son, and a quilt for his isolette, I was overwhelmed! To think that someone was thinking of my child in need! I still get very emotional about the thought today. That hat and quilt are tucked away in a very special place for him to have once he is an adult. The memory is tucked away in my heart forever.
Thank you for what you are doing. As he is turning two this summer, I have been dedicating time to giving back. I head an organization called 'Made for a Miracle'. I have video tutorials on my website as well as printable instructions. If you ever would need more exposure, please feel free to contact me and we may be able to merge in our causes. Thanks again.
Jessica
http://www.miraclebebe.com

Sandy said...

Jessica,
It's for people like you and your son that we love to do charity projects here at The Yarn Haven. Something about that volunteer spirit here in East Tennessee just brings out folks willing to help. Thank YOU for your service to those dealing with premature infants. I'm sure you are a wonderful source of help and encouragement. Blessings, Sandy