Friday, July 17, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Today I have a couple of the finished items from our Estonian Lace KAL from spring. Bev finished her shawl using Cascade Heritage sock yarn. The pattern she chose from the Knitted Lace of Estonia book was the "Triinu" shawl. Isn't it gorgeous!





And Kelora also made this same shawl...but out of Cascade Alpaca Lace.









And then she made the "Queen Silvia" shawl out of Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK yarn. Both of them are just esquisite. Great job ladies!


By the way, we will be having another lace KAL starting at the end of September. We decided to choose another book and have folks pick one of the patterns to knit. This book we will be using this fall is called "Knits from the North Sea" by Carol Rasmussen Noble and Margaret Leask Peterson. These shawls and scarves are from the Shetland lace tradition. If you're interested in joining this KAL, please call and reserve a book so we'll have them in time for the KAL. And we have some yummy new lace yarns for you to choose from.


Laurie brought by her cowl to share with us. She made it out of a yak and bamboo yarn. Very pretty!






And Sam finished her shawl that she made out of Brown Sheep Cotton fine yarn. Nice job, Sam!
So many people have been asking how I'm doing that I'll give you an update. I started the aquatic therapy this week. It's been hard, but I'm doing OK. I'm completely worn out after the exercises, so I have been going home for a nap afterwards. (Thanks, Melissa for watching the shop for me.) I've had a few good days, but it seems the very next day I am very stiff and in more pain. I think it's going to take some time to get me back to where I was before the accidents. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers during this tough time for me. It's nice to know that I have friends that care. Blessings to you all!

No comments: