Monday, April 5, 2010

Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival...and Easter with the Family

A couple of weeks ago Melissa and I went to the Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival in Townsend. It was fun seeing a lot of our wonderful customers there! I think this is going to be an annual event, so be sure to watch for it next year. It's really nice having a fiber arts festival in our neck of the woods. We got two new vendors from the festival...River's Edge Fiber Arts...and Handpainted Knitting Yarns. We already have the roving from River's Edge in stock. Come check out the wonderful merino yarn with nylon added. Would spin up some great socks! Smoky Mountain Memories Portraits came around taking pictures of all the vendors. Check out our photo here.

Yesterday we celebrated Easter...as well as our youngest daughter's birthday. Here's a photo of me, Sarah, and Ariel together. Can you see the family resemblance??
And here's a photo of Ariel wearing the twirly skirt that I had made for her birthday back in March. It was a beautiful day and just perfect to have an egg hunt. I had told my hubby to not mow the back yard so there would be lots of places to hid eggs. I'm sure the neighbors were not pleased, but the kids loved the challenge of finding the eggs. I hope you and your family had a great Easter together celebrating our risen Lord.
One last note...check out this article that was in the Wall Street Journal on how truckers have turned to knitting, quilting, etc. Thanks, Bernie, for sending this to me!

No comments: