Friday, August 15, 2008

Keep me awake today...

Oh...I stayed up way too late last night watching the Olympics. But I just had to see our USA Girl Gymnasts win the Gold and Silver medals. It was very fun...last night...but today will be interesting as I try to keep awake. I'm sure there are many of you who stayed up too late watching as well.

I wanted to share with you Melissa's poncho that she brought in this week. It looked so warm and snuggly. Sam, our wonderful college girl, volunteered to model it since just laying it on the table to take a photo wouldn't do for this garment. Melissa got the pattern from an old Basketweave magazine, but she changed the pattern to give it a different collar. She did a nice job. I think she's going to do a poncho like this for one of her many dolls. We'll look forward to seeing that project as well, Melissa.

Terry brought in her contributions to our summer charity project, Warm Woolies. These vests and matching hats were just too cute. I'm sure that some little kids in China, Russia...or wherever these garments go...will really enjoy them. I hope everyone is working on making at least one garment to donate to this worthy charity. For all the details, go to their website.






















Hope you'll come by the shop tonight for our Friday Night Knitting Club from 6-9 pm. We will turn on the big screen television that Aaron Rents donated for our Olympics and watch some of the Olympics starting at 8 pm...and we'll probably stay later than 9 pm if folks would like to stay and watch while working on their Olympic projects. Keep knitting...and try to stay awake today!!

No comments: