Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Show and Tell TUESDAY!!!

Since I didn't get to show you any finished projects last week...because I had forgotten to download the pictures from my camera...I decided to switch things up a bit and show them to you today...on a Tuesday no doubt. Mainly because this dreary morning needs a bright spot in it. Not that I mind the rain so much...because we desperately need it...but because with the wonderful rain comes a somewhat down feeling. So to cheer you up...here are a couple of finished projects to motivate and inspire you.

Annhara did a wonderful job on this sweater. I call it her "Saturday Morning" sweater. You know, something warm and cozy to put on when you want to relax on a Saturday morning. She designed parts of it herself and it looked great on her. She used Plymouth's Encore Chunky yarn.

And then she also brought in her Drop Stitch Scarf to show me. She used Araucania's Ulmo yarn...a hand-dyed 100% cotton yarn that is just made for this stitch pattern. Since my own Drop Stitch Scarf is still laying on the coffee table here at the shop unfinished, I guess I should get back on task and finish it.

Thanks, Annhara, for sharing with us!!

Well, the Olympics are finally over. Did you finish your Olympic project before the flame went out? I did! And even though I'm not going to win a medal, I was proud of myself for getting an entire sweater finished in such a short time. I actually liked the idea of having a deadline. It helped me to focus on just doing one of my many projects...and I was able to finish it. I hope everyone will bring in their Olympic project this week for our Olympic Showcase! Medals will be awarded next week. And be sure to come by the shop on Saturday, August 30 and vote for your favorite...other than your own, of course.

Have a great day!!

No comments: