Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Update....

How are you coming with your Olympic project? I don't know about you, but I have frogged back 2 times now on various parts of the sweater I am knitting. I have finally gotten past the place where I was before the frogging began. The first time I didn't care for a particular contrasting yarn that I had chosen. So I had to frog back about 12 rows that time. Then on Sunday in checking to make sure the sweater would fit, it became apparent that I needed to add a little more width. It's not as bad as it sounds because I am making a sweater on the diagonal. You knit one triangle and then join in the round before knitting another triangle. All of this forms a tube that becomes the front and the back. I had finished the first triangle and was working on the second one when I realized that I might want the sweater to be about 1" wider. So I frogged back about 20 rows to get back to the first triangle and add a few more stitches. And you know, there's just something about having a deadline that makes you crazy as you knit. But I'm excited to think that I just might get this sweater done in 12 more days!

I'm sure many of you are watching the Summer Olympics on television each evening. For those of you participating in The Yarn Haven Olympics, we will gather again this Friday evening (along with the Friday Night Knitting Club) and the following Friday evening at the shop to watch together as we knit or crochet on our Olympic projects.

I'm excited to see all of the wonderful things that people have made. We'll be taking pictures as folks bring in their projects for the Olympic Showcase from August 26-29 and putting them up on the blog for everyone to see. Stop by the shop on August 30 and vote for your favorite project. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, September 2. And yes, there will be prizes!

No comments: