Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Knoxville's been put on the map!!

Have you heard the news?? Knoxville has finally gotten the attention of the nation...for our awesome football team? Well, maybe, but that's not the reason this time. For the beauty of this wonderful area we live in? Well, they should, but that's not it either. For having the highest gas prices in the country?? Yep! Can you believe it?

When my brother-in-law called us the other night and told us to get gas in the car because gas was going to go up over $1/gallon, I didn't really believe him. (Sorry, Bill.) But the next morning, guess what? Gas had indeed gone up...over $1.50/gallon from the previous day!! Hurricane Ike was to blame for the high prices. But then I talked with my daughter who lives in Johnson City and their gas was $3.99/gallon. And my son called me on the way back to pharmacy school Sunday night and Cleveland's gas stations were charging $3.99/gallon. So why did Knoxville have such high prices? Then AAA announced that over the weekend, Knoxille had the highest gas prices in the country! So ladies and gents, we are known around the country for this distinction. I think I'd rather not be famous than to be famous for that. :-( Hopefully, the gas prices will go back down to the normal rate before I have to fill up my tank up again.

But now on to more exciting topics...like knitting and crocheting? Have you thought about what you are going to be making for Christmas gifts this year? I already have a couple of presents made...and some more in the works. And because my family members occasionally read my blog, I guess I had better keep those to myself. But coming in October we are going to be having an event to share some Christmas ideas with you. So be sure to watch for the next newsletter that should be out in the next week or so.

Hope you have a wonderful day enjoying this cooler weather!!

No comments: