Friday, September 12, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

I've got some more great finished items to show you today.

Paula's really gotten into lace knitting lately. But she took a break from knitting her lace shawls to make this laprobe for her daddy. She used Berroco Comfort yarn and used one of the patterns from our Block of the Month Club. It turned out very nice and is an excellent example of how you can use the stitches you learn from doing the Block of the Month to incorporate them into other projects. Great job, Paula!


Melissa brought in THREE socks to show me. I do good these days to complete one pair, but I think Melissa really likes to make socks. :-) The first pair was made out of Creatively Dyed Yarns sock yarn. She found the Basketweave pattern in the book, "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch.






The next pair also comes from "Sensational Knitted Socks" and shows a Beaded Rib pattern. For these socks, she used Plymouth Sockotta yarn.












And then Melissa used Crystal Palace's Panda Cotton yarn to make her Snake River socks. This is just the first sock of the pair...and she's about ready to bind off...but I persuaded her to let me photograph it anyway. She got this pattern from Ravelry. If you're not on Ravelry, you might want to consider signing up. It's free and a wonderful resource for reviews on yarns, free patterns, and a place to ask any question you might have on things related to knitting or crocheting. All you do is give them your email address and within a few days you'll get an invitation to join. We also have a group for the shop called "Friends of The Yarn Haven" where I post when new yarns arrive, and about other events here at the shop.

And finally today, I want to show you more socks!! These were made by Sarah...out of Berroco's Comfort Sock yarn. Yes, Berroco's Comfort comes in Aran weight as well as sock weight! Isn't it fun to see all of the different socks that people have made...and all of the great pattern stitches they have used.
You know, we have both "Sensational Knitted Socks" and "More Sensational Knitted Socks" books in stock right now if you'd like to try your hand at some of these wonderful sock patterns.
Well, I hope you have a great weekend and are able to fit some knitting or crocheting time in there. Blessings!

1 comment:

Mom2legomaniacs said...

It's really funny, because I have the exact same yarn in that colorway as the project from Sarah in progress as well. I did a double take and thought, wait, I didn't bring those in, nor did I finish them. LOL!