Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An Unusual Sight

I didn't get to go to the mountains this fall to see all the trees in their beautiful colors. My hubby and I used to go for a weekend getaway every fall. But the shop has just kept me too busy this year. Plus the fact that it's hard to go on a hike lugging a boot on your foot. :-(


But I've enjoyed seeing the trees down here in the valley turn colors. And then the wind came and blew most of the leaves off the trees. My backyard looks like a sea of leaves. I'm hoping my son will see the need to try out his new blower this coming weekend and gather them up.


Seeing all the leaves being blown off the trees and scattered everywhere caused me to stop short this week when I saw the most unusual sight. I was sitting at the bank when a tree caught my eye. Most of the leaves were off the tree. But instead of being scattered everywhere they looked like they has just been dumped on the ground. It looked so strange that I had to take a picture to show you. It's like the tree just decided to let them all go at once. It's amazing that the wind hadn't come along and scattered them. I'm betting when I go to the bank again the leaves will all be gone. But at least for a moment in time, I got to see this unusual sight. And it did make me smile.

Take some time today to look around you and find something that makes you smile. I've heard that smiling will add years to your life. And if you also get the time to knit or crochet today, then that alone could add a few more years.

So keep smiling!

No comments: