Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From Scarecrow to Pirate

Last Sunday night as my son was getting my granddaughter's things ready for another week of school, we realized that Monday was Pirate Day. Not sure why we missed that bit of information before, but we had about 1 hour before bedtime to turn my little cutie into a pirate for the next day. She didn't really have anything in her wardrobe that looked like a pirate, so I went looking in my clothes. I finally found a turtleneck shirt that would look very billowing on her...with the sleeves rolled up. We didn't have black pants, but she reasoned that she was a girl and she should have pink pants. I added a scarf for a belt and put on a bandana around the head. She put on some rainboots that a friend had given her last year, but quickly realized that they were so small that she wasn't going to be able to wear them. She looked cute, but I realized that every good pirate needs an eye patch. So I quickly sat down and crocheted her an eye patch...with a hole in the center so she could see. Here's a photo of her the next morning right before we left for school. She was putting on her best pirate face and saying "Aarrgghh". I hope before the next dress up day comes we have a little more warning. I think we did pretty well considering the lack of time we had, don't you.


Speaking of dressing up, Amanda stopped by to show me what she wore to work on Halloween. A lot of people would say that's the reason they have a job...so they have money to buy yarn.

And lastly today, I have another recipe for you from our Friday Night Knitting Club. Carmen brought Mexican Fudge last time and it was delicious. Very quick and easy to make.

You mix together 4 eggs, beaten; 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded; 8 oz. mozarella cheese, shredded; and a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies. Dump mixture into a greased 8" x 8" pan and cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool and serve at room temperature. Try it the next time you need an appetizer.

No comments: