Monday, January 5, 2009

It's Therapy Time for Me

Folks have continued to ask me about how my foot is doing. Bottom line: it still hurts when I'm on it a lot. It is better after the chiropractor adjusted my heel. He said it wasn't aligned which may be why I've been having such problems with it. I had a doctor appt. today and he is sending me to physical therapy for 6 weeks to see if that will help. And I'm going to be getting a recumbent bike because being off my feet for such a long time has given me zero opportunities to exercise. And according to Mimi, who has one of these bikes, I will be able to knit while I ride my bike! So it sounds like a great plan to me. I think I may be getting some custom made orthodics as well. Not sure if my insurance will pay for those, so we'll have to see. But thanks, everyone, for asking. I appreciate your concern.

I've been getting so many Show and Tell items in the past few weeks that I thought I had better share some of them with you today. These are all items that were made in our Weekly Class.

Peggy shared her Topknots Boho Bag (Mimi's pattern) out of Plymouth Boku yarn. This is a great small project for learning the entrelac technique.






Marilyn made this Shaped Tee with Collar (a HeartString pattern) out of Artful Yarns Serenade (a pima cotton/angora blend) and Berroco Cotton Twist. She did a nice job and I love this color of blue on her.






And Erin made her first scarf out of Classic Elite Calliope yarn. She just learned to knit, so this was very much a challenge for her. But she fell in love with this yarn. It does make a great scarf. I made one for my niece this Christmas.


If you'd like to learn some new knitting techniques and maybe have some encouragement to continue with your project, then you might consider joining one of our Weekly Classes. They run for 6 weeks and you get to work on whatever project you would like to do. Our Wednesday morning class starting on January 7 is already full. But there will be classes starting the first week of February on Tuesday mornings and afternoons and Thursday mornings and afternoons. Sign up early to get a spot!

Have a great day...even if it is a little gloomy outside! It's a great day for sitting inside and knitting or crocheting. But then, what day isn't a great day to do that!

No comments: