Friday, January 2, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Well, I remembered at the Friday Night Knitting Club tonight that this was indeed Friday and that I hadn't done our Show and Tell for today. It seems like every time there is a holiday in the middle of the week, it really throws me off. I've been thinking it was Tuesday all day.

Anyway, here are our show and tell items for this week...

Jan brought by her socks she made out of Crystal Palace Panda Wool. She used Plymouth pattern #1090. I love the color she chose. I really must make some socks out of this yarn sometime this year.

And then she also showed me some felted coasters she had made out of Berroco Jasper yarn. We have the free pattern in the shop if you'd like to make some of these coasters. I made some of these to give away as Christmas gifts this year. Great job on both projects, Jan!

Kristina made this Entrelac hat out of Noro Silk Garden yarn. I just love the way that entrelac makes a hat or a bag look. I'm going to be making one of Mimi's Entrelac hats this month and I can't wait to refresh my memory on the entrelac technique. I made an entrelac pillow quite a few years ago to give as a Christmas gift. It's a fun technique to use. Love the hat, Kristina!








And Lisa not only knit this gorgeous sweater, but she spun the yarn herself out of some Corriedale fiber. I love the leaf edgings. As usual, Lisa, you have made an outstanding sweater!








So...have you made any New Year's Resolutions this year yet? I've never really been in the practice of making them, but I do have several things I want to knit this year.
  • Make another entrelac project...like Mimi's hat

  • Make myself a cabled cardigan

  • Finish up several of the unfinished objects sitting in my back office

  • Make my sweet husband the vest that he was promised several years ago
What about you? Care to share any things you wish to knit or crochet this year?
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

No comments: