Thursday, February 12, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

Well, tomorrow is Valentine's Day...a day set aside each year to tell the ones you love how much they mean to you. I received these beautiful roses from my sweet husband this week. Aren't they gorgeous? I fuss at him every year for spending money on flowers that will fade after a short time. But inwardly, I thoroughly enjoy the flowers he sends. He's not really the romantic type, but every now and then he surprises me. So, if you're reading my blog dear one, thank you. Thank you for the flowers, thank you for the support you've shown me the past 2 years in helping me follow my dream with the yarn shop, and thank you for putting up with me for almost 35 years of married life. I don't say it enough, but I'm glad the Lord brought you into my life.

Now for Show and Tell...

Pam brought in these socks that she made from Cascade Heritage yarn. I simply love this color of blue.
And also, here is her Baby Yeti that she made from Berroco Plush yarn. By the way, there are still a couple of colors of the Plush yarn in the sale bin if you'd like to make a Yeti. It's a free pattern from Berroco. Nice job on both of your projects, Pam.

Leigh made this hat and gauntlets from the 101 Designer One Skein Wonders book. They are made with Malabrigo yarn. I love this color of purple. So soft looking. And as everyone knows, Leigh loves purple!

And Margaret made this hood and jacket out of Berroco's Pure Merino yarn. It's a Pure and Simple pattern. Isn't it cute!


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow. And if you're a spinner, be sure to come join our Sit 'N Spin from 2-4 pm. If you have something that you have handspun and knitted, then please wear it. It's a day to celebrate spinning!

No comments: