Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Special Events at The Yarn Haven

We have had a lot of special events at The Yarn Haven lately. My hubby asked me why I was having so many things all within one week. My answer...well, the fifth Friday evening comes when it does, the Super Bowl happens when it does, and my shop's anniversary is at the same time each year. So it's been a busy week...but soooo much fun!!

At the Girl's Night Out Workshop on Friday, we had quite a few gals come to learn how to make a Clapotis. We had a great time picking out yarns to make either a scarf or a shawl after the class. I hope some of them will bring in their finished items so I can share them with you.







The Super Bowl of Knitting Party was a blast as well. Darlene won the Super Door Prize of the evening with Donna, Diane and Kristina winning the hourly door prizes. We had LOTS of food brought to go with the pots of chili I had made. So we ate, knitted, and most of us worked on items we were knitting for various charities.




Yesterday was my day off, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it snowing when I woke up. (Yes, I know it was later in the morning when the snow finally arrived, but I slept in a bit.) I was enjoying knitting at home, watching the snow fall, when it was announced that the school system that my granddaughter is in was closing early. So I got in the line to pick her up. With all the kids getting off at the same time, it took me quite a while to get up to the door of the school. In the meantime, I enjoyed just sitting and looking at the beauty of the snow. Ariel was soooo excited to see me pick her up. We went home and made an Ariel-size snowman, snow angels, and had a snowball fight. Then we came in and made some hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows. It was a very fun day off. Hope you all enjoyed the day as well.

No comments: