Saturday, February 28, 2009

Show and Tell...Saturday :-)

Well, yesterday turned out to be so busy that I just didn't get to the blog. So, I'll share with you today. Just keeping you on your toes as to when the next blog entry will appear. :-)

I've gotten in a LOT of finished objects and I'm trying to put them on in the order that folks bring them in. But today is going to be different. Today, being the last day of February, I just have to share with you some special Valentines.
Daniel and Amanda did something very sweet for Valentine's Day this year. She's a crocheter and he's a knitter. So they made each other a scarf. Daniel knitted Amanda a scarf using the Malabrigo yarn in the Whale's Road color. And Amanda crocheted Daniel his scarf out of two colors of the Cascade 220 yarn. I thought it was so sweet of them to pose with their new scarves for me. You know Daniel has only been knitting for about a year. Amanda gave him a gift certificate for a class last year for Christmas. He's come a long way from the tight...and I do mean tight...stitches he made when I first taught him. You both did a great job on your scarves!

Mary Beth made this cute Amelia Earnhardt hat out of the Malabrigo yarn. She got the pattern off Ravelry. Very nice!

And at one of the Weekly Classes recently a lot of us were wearing finished items, so we all gathered together for a group shot.

Becky's pullover was made from the Tahki Bunny yarn and she used a pattern from Sally Melville's book, The Purl Stitch. Although she made a different collar than the pattern. Another example of how our Weekly Classes are helping folks learn how to adjust patterns to give them a personal touch.

Have a great weekend...and THINK SPRING!!

No comments: