Monday, March 9, 2009

I forgot...

Tina brought by some wonderful banana bread to one of the Weekly Classes a while back and I thought I had put the recipe on our blog. But evidently I forgot to do so because it simply is not here. So.... here's her wonderful recipe from A Taste of Home magazine. It was definitely the best banana bread I had ever tasted!



















Special Banana Nut Bread

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 package (8ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 - 1/2 cups of ripe mashed bananas ( about 4 medium)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all- purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans

Orange Glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange peel

In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in one cup of pecans. Transfer to 2 greased 8in x 4in x 2in loaf pans. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Bake at 350 for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over the loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks. Yield 2 loaves.

Thanks, Tina, for sharing this recipe with us. I'm sure I'll be making it for my family in the near future.

No comments: