Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Look Who Turned Six!!

My granddaughter turned six years old last week. It brought back memories of the first moment that I held her in my arms exactly six years ago. We have so enjoyed having Ariel live with us. She has such a sweet spirit and rarely gives us any trouble. For her birthday I knitted her a couple of dinosaurs. She loves dinosaurs and already has quite a collection. I used the Knitting at KNoon pattern "Prehistoric Pals" and made the T-Rex and Stegosaurus. Here's a photo of them. They were really quite easy to make. I've already promised Ariel that I'll make her the other two...the Triceratops and the Brachiosaurus.


And here is my sweetie with "Rex" and "Steggy", as she calls them.

Ariel went to Florida last week with her daddy and her cousins, so I didn't get to spend her actual birthday with her. So when she got home late Saturday night, she told me that she was now six and then said..."I've moved all the way to the other hand". I thought that was so cute...but then I AM her grandmother. :-)

Have a wonderful day today and enjoy this beautiful spring weather we're having!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
Where do you get the pattern for barney?

Sandy said...

We thought that Rex looked a lot like Barney also. Too funny.