Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I've had a bad day...

Make that two bad days... I'm ready for just a normal run-of-the meal day. Why?

Well, on Sunday my hubby, son, granddaughter and I were coming home from the shop. As we were pulling into our subdivision, a teenage driver was paying more attention to a bicyclist he knew than where he was going. He came up to the road, kinda stopped for one second, then started turning left. You know where this is going, don't you. He pulled out of the subdivision, just as we were pulling into the subdivision. I saw him pull out and braced myself. While the impact wasn't huge, it was enough to mess up my back...probably because I had hunkered down for the hit. And I'm sure our car will be totaled as the frame has shifted...so I'll have to go looking to buy yet another used car. Folks, this is the 4th wreck we've had in 15 years!! People who aren't watching where they are going continue to run into our car. The 3 other times we were rearended...at least this time they chose a different part of our vehicle to smash. But I'm getting a bit tired of the inconvenience and hassle of it all...not to mention the pain and suffering I have to deal with.

So yesterday I went to see my chiropractor and I will be seeing him mucho times for the next several weeks as he tries to get my back working well again. He told me to go home and rest my back...even take a nap. Yeah, right. For you see, my daughter had come over to do some laundry with her two boys so I could use her car to go see the doctor. When I got back she left to take the boys home for supper and then was to return them so she could go to work. She called a short time later and said that my youngest grandson was screaming that his head hurt and that he had thrown up. She couldn't determine whether or not he was just throwing a 3 year old tandrum or if something was really wrong. She started on the way to our house when Gabriel closed his eyes and just went out. It was at this point that she realized that something was not right. So she drove directly to the hospital where we met her at the emergency room. He was pretty out of it and kept trying to fall asleep. Turns out that big brother had thrown a toy at him earlier in the day and it had apparently hit him in the head. After they did a CT scan, they determined that there was no internal injury, but that he did have a mild concussion. After he woke up a bit, they gave him a popsicle so he was a little more alert...and we were all relieved and smiling again. They finally released him about 9 pm and we went home.

So after two pretty stressful days, I'm just ready to have a calm, uneventful day. Perhaps I will just sit and knit today at the shop in order to get some balance back in my life. I am very thankful that no one was seriously hurt in the accident...and also very thankful that Gabriel is OK. Life does have its ups and downs, doesn't it. Thank goodness there is knitting to make everything all right again.

No comments: