Friday, June 26, 2009

Show and Tell Friday

First of all, I need to give you an update on my car accident. The car did end up being totaled, so we will be looking for a new vehicle... I'm thinking an armored truck might work. My back is healing...slowly. As long as I just sit and knit is doesn't bother me too much. It's the getting up and moving that causes me some pain. But overall, I'm doing better. Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Wednesday was my birthday. It started out rough with an hour and a half wait at the car rental place. I wouldn't have minded so much, but my back was hurting and I had to reschedule my doctor's appointment because they took so long. But the day got better as Melissa surprised me with a chocolate birthday cake and Donna brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses. I received lots of birthday wishes. And I got to sit and knit at the Sit 'N Stitch time with some dear friends. For supper, my hubby took me to my favorite restaurant, Aubrey's, for a wonderful meal and my favorite dessert, Peppermint Pattie. So the birthday that started out frustrating turned into a wonderful day with family and friends. And it kept on going as Mimi brought me over a bouquet of garden flowers on Thursday night. Thank you to everyone for helping to make my birthday this year so special.

Now enough about me...it's time to share with you some wonderful creations that folks have made.





Carmen finished her Adult Surprise Jacket and did a wonderful job.


She also brought in her scarf she made out of Berroco Seduce yarn. This is a great little scarf that just takes one skein and has an easy pattern.



Then she shared her fairisle hat that she created using one of Mimi's Topknot patterns.









And finally a scarf she made out of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. She's been one busy knitter.


Rosemary brought in a scarf she crocheted that looks a bit like a piece of candy corn. Very creative.


And Kristina brought in another beautiful
doillie she made. I'm always amazed with folks that can knit on such tiny thread.

Don't we have some talented folks here at The Yarn Haven? Keep bringing in your finished projects so we can showcase them here on Show and Tell Friday!!

No comments: