Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Not Sure What to Think...

Today's been a rough day. Many of you know about our car being totaled in an accident on Father's Day. My back was injured, but I felt we were making some progress in getting it better. So this morning I was driving in my rental car to the dentist when someone rear-ended me yet again. All I could do was sit there and cry. Why do people not watch where they are going??? I was sitting at a red light and the next thing I know is that my car has been hit. Here's a photo of the imprint of the other car's license plate on my bumper. And the screw sticking out is from their license plate. Needless to say, this injury to my back is just as bad, if not worse. My emotions are very raw right now. Just riding in a car makes my blood pressure shoot through the roof and I'm quite paranoid about every car on the road. I'm not sure I'll be able to drive for a few days. We'll have to see about that.

So this afternoon I went to lay down again to rest. I laid there for quite some time just thinking...why???...why me??? And then I began to think about others around me that are suffering so much more than me. My son-in-law lost his grandpa this week. He traveled all the way to Oklahoma this weekend to say goodbye. He and my daughter were so glad that they went out to see Grandpa Bud last Christmas...because it was his last Christmas with them. I know they will miss him. It's hard losing a grandparent. And then there's the family that hit me this morning. The youngest daughter's car was the one that hit me. But her mom and dad were driving behind her. The mom told me that her oldest daughter had passed away yesterday and they were on their way out of town to attend to her funeral. Not too hard now to understand why this young gal's mind hadn't been on her driving. My heart goes out to them because this is such a hard time for them...and then they have to deal with an accident as well. Thankfully, none of them were hurt.

So I determined to get up out of bed and go look for things in my world that make me happy. I went out on the porch and saw Mr. Cottontail in our yard. This little bunny comes to visit occasionally. I walked over to him and he just sat there. He must have been someone's pet at one time because he didn't run away until I got about a yard from him. Then he happily hopped across the street and went under the bushes. It always amazes me how carefree he seems as he hops away.



And then I saw the hydrangea bush in my yard with these big beautiful blue blossoms on it. They are so gorgeous and keep coming back year after year.


And then came my darling granddaughter who just got home from daycare. Her sweet smile always makes me smile. She brings so much joy to my life...as do my two sweet, but very active, grandsons. So I have many things to be thankful for today. Even though my back hurts every time I move, and even though I still have to go find another car to buy, and even though it's going to take a while to get over being hit twice in about a week...I have much in my life for which to give God thanks. So I guess this is not such a bad day afterall.

No comments: