Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Patterns

A lot of people learned a valuable lesson this past week. If you see a knitting or crochet pattern online that you like...save it on your computer! Don't expect it to be online forever. A very popular place to get free patterns online was MagKnits. Well, they closed their site this past week and sent a lot of folks scrambling to find the pattern that they were working on. Has this ever happened to you before? A couple of times I've saved a pattern that I liked in "My Favorites"...but when I went back there, the pattern was no longer available. But imagine you were in the middle of making a garment and suddenly the pattern was gone! Not a pleasant thought.

So today I thought I share with you a site that has some free patterns available by download for just about a month. Knitting Daily recently asked folks to tell them which 5 garments they liked the most out of an assortment of choices. I got in my email yesterday the "Readers' Choice Award Winners". You can go to Knitting Daily and download this pdf with all 5 of the winners...but it will only be available until 5 pm on Wednesday, May 14. So check out these patterns and if you see something you like, download it to your computer so that you'll have it when the time comes for you to knit it up. By the way, the Swallowtail Shawl that I showcased on my Show and Tell Friday on April 4 is one of the free patterns. Hope you enjoy them!

No comments: