Friday, April 11, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

I hope everyone has been enjoying this beautiful weather we've been having lately. If we can only make it through the dogwood winter that's coming this weekend, I think we'll be fine.
For Show and Tell today I have some beautiful things to show you. First of all, there's Anne's shell that she knitted with different yarns. Quite a masterpiece.

Then Esther made this sweater with the doggy for her son using Plymouth's Encore yarn. It was the first time she had tried the intarsia technique. I think she did a pretty good job, don't you? I love this pattern from Roo Designs. In fact, I have several patterns by them that are just too cute. I think my favorite one is the one with the fish...or maybe it's the one with the bunny...I can't decide because they are all great.

Next comes a couple of finished projects from Mary. First is the Peplum Vest made out of Crystal Palace's Waikiki. It's a free pattern on their website if you'd like to make one. And if you want a smaller project using Waikiki, just stop by The Yarn Haven and pick up a skein and a free pattern for a spring/summer scarf. I like this yarn and I love what Mary made out of it.

Then Mary also made this sweater using a top to bottom pattern that eliminated the shoulder seams. Pretty cool idea.

And finally, Phil brought in her fairisle bolster pillow that she completed after taking Mimi's class on the fairisle technique. She put in a lot of work on this bolster, as you can see. But what a great addition it will make to her home!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: