Friday, April 4, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Well, it's Friday again...and you know what that means...Show and Tell time!! I love it when folks bring in their finished projects for me to see. Today I want you to show you Debbie's crocheted baby blanket. She made this as a gift, but the amazing part is that she just learned to crochet about 6-7 weeks ago! She's done a terrific job and I'm so proud of her. Way to go, Debbie!




I have two socks to show you. The first one was made by Melissa out of Crystal Palace's Panda Cotton yarn. I love this yarn for socks! Melissa did a nice job and the socks are so colorful. Melissa's son was the one who thought the shop was a "Yarn Heaven". I believe he was right! Then Terri brought in a sock she made for her son out of the "Go UT" orange and white sock yarn that J.Knits custom-dyed for us. She said she got this diagonal stitch pattern out of Interweave's Favorite Socks book. Very cool...but then I love to see the UT socks that folks are making. Terri also brought in her Swallowtail shawl made out of JoJoland's lace. It was very beautiful and made me wish I had one just like it.

And lastly, we have a gorgeous shawl made by a new friend to The Yarn Haven, Karla. She brought in this shawl when she came to the Wednesday afternoon, Sit 'N Stitch, this week. Very pretty and unique. Karla loves to do colorwork, so I expect we'll see more of her beautiful creations in the near future.

Well, that's it for this week. I hope you'll take the opportunity to join us on Wednesday afternoons for our Sit 'N Stitch time from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. It's a great time to work on your projects, but also to meet new people, and learn from each other. Keep bringing in your finished projects...and you, too, can see your creation featured in The Yarn Haven blog. Blessings!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello,
i'm drlaura "sockguru" for Crystal Palace yarns. would love to post the sock pic on our blog
CPYsocksandmore if you'd ask permission for me?
and anything your knitters do with CPYarns can be so featured!
also we have a color contest all year, April is Blue, May will be lilac or yellow, June will be white.
anything knit with CPyarns in these colors is eligible to win free yarn and/or knitting books and knitting mags!

blessings, L
drlauraAsirius@gmail.com