Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Wow! It seems like forever since I've written on the blog. Last week's vacation was just what I needed to get me jump-started for another year. It was a beautiful week weather-wise at the beach and I could just sit and watch the ocean for hours on end. But I also got several things accomplished. I read THREE books! Can you believe it?? I bet it's been over a year since I read a book and I used to be an avid reader. And I completed TWO of my knitting projects...the Baby Surprise Jacket and the summer sweater I made out of Kollage's Corntastic. Both are now on display in the shop. I should finish up today on the Wallaby hooded jacket I made for my granddaughter for Christmas. I'll have that in the shop on display until December. I will, hopefully, have some photos for you in the next day or two of my projects.

It's unreal all of the little details that need to be done to get caught up after being gone for a week. I do have to say that the gals who watched the shop did an amazing job. I've had several comments about the great job they did from some of you. So thank you ladies. I couldn't have done it without you!!

And last, but not least, my wonderful husband did a super job of not only working his own full-time job, but coming over every day to close out the books, and getting our granddaughter to preschool and back each day (which included making lunches, getting clothes laid out in addition to making sure she had her bath each day and getting to bed on time...along with her Bible story time at the end of the day). Whew! It makes me tired just to write it all down. He even stayed late at the shop on Saturday so that the Sit 'N Spin group could come on their regular 2nd Saturday time. David...thanks so much for doing all of this and for giving me the opportunity for the last 10 years to go to the beach with my girlfriends. You're the best hubby in the world!!

And now to the news that I promised before I left. Remember several weeks ago when I sent out an email asking you to go to someone's blog and leave a comment on something you liked about The Yarn Haven. The shop that got the most comments would receive the opportunity to open an account with this lady who hand-dyes her yarn. Well...(drum roll please)...WE WON!! Thanks to the many kind comments that folks left, The Yarn Haven won the account. Dianne from Creatively Dyed Yarns will be at our shop on Tuesday, July 15. She and her daughter will be here all day showing off her beautiful hand-dyed yarns, garments she has made, and also...giving a hands-on demonstration on how to dye yarn using koolaid. So mark that day on your calendar and plan to come visit the shop. More details will be given as we finish up our planning for the day. You can check out Dianne's yarns at her website. Yeah! I'm so excited! Thanks Dianne! And thank you to everyone who left...or tried to leave...a comment. I appreciate all of you so very much!

2 comments:

Mom2legomaniacs said...

I got my 2 skeins of Dianne's yarn last week. Wow, they are so luscious! Her yarns will make a fabulous addition to your already lovely stock. I posted pics on my blog of the colors I chose.

Sandy said...

Melissa...I'm so glad you got the yarn from Dianne. I'm looking forward to getting her yarn in the shop. Glad you won some!