Friday, May 16, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

This week for Show and Tell I thought I would show you some of the projects that I finished on my vacation...plus a day or two. :-)

The first one is the summer sweater made out of Kollage's Corntastic. This yarn is made of 100% corn fiber. Feels a bit like cotton. I think the sweater turned out nice...although making an adult sweater out of DK weight yarn is not my favorite thing to do. But I'm pleased with it.

Next is the Baby Surprise Jacket from Elizabeth Zimmerman's pattern. This was a very challenging pattern to follow. Mainly because it was written in 1968 and because it is so unique. I wish I had taken a picture of the jacket before finishing. But it looked something like this...just a big blob of knitting. But with a couple of folds, you have a darling little jacket. EZ was a genius! There will be a class on the BSJ coming in June. I even developed a spreadsheet for the class so that the pattern would be easier to follow. There's also an Adult Surprise Jacket pattern if you don't have little ones to knit for. This was a very fun project and one that I'm sure I will be doing again...and again.

And lastly, I made a Wonderful Wallaby hood and jacket for my granddaughter. This pattern's sizes goes from size 2 up through adult sizes. I'm going to make one for each of my grandsons as well. And I'll be having a class on the Wallaby later on in the summer.
















So that's my Show and Tell for today. Hope to see you all at the Friday Night Knitting Club tonight!!

No comments: