Friday, May 23, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Once again it's Friday and Show and Tell time. Are Fridays coming faster for you all these days??? It seems like they are to me. I must be getting old. :-)

Anyway, I have 3 new finished projects to show you. First of all, Pam made this darling sundress for her granddaughter. It is a Plymouth pattern and she made it out of the Plymouth Wildflower DK yarn in the colors that her granddaughter picked out. It's adorable...and so is her granddaughter.

Then Donna graciously made this chemo cap to donate to the Caris Hospice that we support. It is made out of none other than Noro's Silk Garden. Wonderful colors. It will make a nice hat for some man dealing with cancer. By the way, that is one of their main requests...hats in colors that are more manly. If you've got some yarn in your stash that you no longer need, why not make a chemo cap! We accept donations here at The Yarn Haven.

And lastly, we have Jan's summer shell. The pattern is the Lacey Vee from Cabin Fever and the yarn she used was Tahki's Cotton Classic. She modified it a bit...which shows she has a creative side. Looking good!

And on a more personal note...I have to share with you about my grandson's first trophy. He started playing soccer for the first time this season. He's only 4 1/2 years old, but very athletic for someone so young. I haven't been able to go to his games because I always had a class to teach on Saturday. But this past Saturday...his last game...I knew I just had to be there. Thankfully, I didn't have a class scheduled, so my dear sweet hubby came over to watch the shop so I could slip over and see him play. It brought back wonderful memories of when my kids played soccer many years ago. This week they had a party and he got a trophy for his efforts. As you can see from the picture, he was so excited and proud. I think he had fun because he wants to play again in the fall.

This weekend will be quite busy for us. We have our 34th wedding anniversary on Saturday, my son-in-law's birthday on Sunday, and a picnic planned on Monday. It should be a fun and busy weekend. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend as well!

No comments: