Friday, May 2, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

We really have some creative knitters and crocheters here at The Yarn Haven. I'm always amazed at some of the things that they make. Today I want to show you what Bethany, Sarah and Amanda have made.

Bethany hand-dyed her own yarn to make these beautiful socks. Didn't she do a good job? We also have another pair of socks she made...as well as some Komi mittens from one of Charlene Schurch's patterns.

Then I made Sarah throw her leg up to show off the sock she had made. I can't remember if this was one that she hand-dyed as well or not. But it is equally as beautiful. I love the colors.

And Amanda croch
eted a baby set for her future sister-in-law of this darling little hat, booties and scratch mitts out of Plymouth's Oh My yarn.

Just a few of the very creative people we have roaming around The Yarn Haven lately. Hope you'll bring in your finished project and I'll showcase your creativity also.
I won't have a Show and Tell next Friday or be bloggin at all next week as I will out of town...at the beach! Yeah! I'm taking a much-needed vacation so that I'll come back rejuvenated and ready to get back into the business of running the yarn shop. By the way, the shop will still be opened while I am gone thanks to several wonderful ladies who are filling in for me. And don't forget the 25% off sale on selected items that will continue until Saturday, May 10.
We had a great time tonight at the UFO night at our Friday Night Knitting Club. A lot of people came and many of them brought UFOs....some that were started many years ago! I think for the summer we might have UFO Night on the first Friday night of each month. Maybe we'll get some of these projects finished up by the end of summer.
Well, I'll try and blog again a week from Monday...and let you know of some exciting news for The Yarn Haven. Have a great week!

No comments: