Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recipes from FNKC

Folks have been bringing some mighty tasty treats to our Friday Night Knitting Club lately. I thought I would share with you today a recipe for one of them. Marti brought these Chess Bars that were absolutely delicious. You can make them with just about any flavor of cake mix, but I chose chocolate because I am indeed a chocoholic. These are quick and easy to make.





Marti’s Chess Bars
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cake mix (any flavor)
Combine above items and press into 9" x 13" pan (no need to grease pan).


3 eggs
1 box (3 ¾ cups) confectioner’s sugar
1 (8 oz) bar of cream cheese, softened
Combine eggs, sugar and cream cheese. Pour over above mixture.

Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars.

Hope that helps satisfy your sweet tooth this week. Next time I'll share with you a recipe for "Mexican Fudge". Yum!

No comments: