Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scarecrow Day

Yesterday it was Scarecrow Day at my granddaughter's school. In planning what she would wear, I got the great idea that I would knit her some "straw" to stick out of her clothing. She got the biggest kick out of the
fact that Grandmomma was knitting straw. Basically, I just knit a cuff for each of her wrists and ankles. Then I put fringe on each one. For her neck, I just did a 2 x 2 ribbing and left long tails to tie around her neck. Then I added the fringe. She looked so cute. They were going to paint her face at school. Doesn't she look cute!

She liked her scarecrow outfit so much, that she decided to wear it for Halloween instead of her Sleeping Beauty costume that she had originally decided to wear. Oh...it's so fun to be a grandma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable!!
I'll be home this weekend and I should come by the store!

Lisa said...

She looks so happy and so cute...
and knitted straw is so much more comfy to wear than real straw ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cutey and what a great idea for straw! Yes, I agree - it is GREAT fun to be a grandma!