Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time to Slow Down

Do you ever take time to stop and smell the roses? Something tells me that it's time for me to do so. Maybe this picture will give you the reason why I say that.

I've been having trouble with my foot lately. After a long day of being on my feet, I can hardly walk because of the pain. So I finally got in to see the podiatrist and he says that the tendon that holds up the arch of my foot is enflamed. I could blame it on getting older, or possibly not wearing the best shoes, or the change of being on my feet most of the day after years of sitting at a desk working on a computer. But the result is that I get to wear this wonderful boot for the next month. Sigh. The good news is that it really does help my foot not to hurt. The bad news is that it certainly is slowing me down. Although that could be good news as well. So the morale of this story is...take some time today to stop and smell the roses. If you don't slow down on your own, sometimes your body will slow you down in the most inconvenient way.
Have a great day smelling those roses...I know I will. :-)

No comments: