Friday, October 17, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

I unexpectedly got sick with a 24 hour bug this week and it has gotten me off schedule. I totally forgot to download the pics from my camera at home. But I do have a couple of things to share with you today.

Pam brought in her Wonderful Wallaby to show me. It is made out of Cascade 220's superwash yarn. I just love these wallabys. If you've never done one of these little hood and jacket sweaters, you should try it. We have a class coming up on Tuesdays in November if you think you'll need some help with it. I just finished up my 2nd one and have one more to do for Christmas. All 3 of my grandkids will be getting a wallaby this year. It's a great pattern because it goes from size 2 all the way up through adult sizes. In fact, at our last wallaby class two of the gals were doing adult sizes. They seem very comfy and will be great for this fall weather that is approaching.




The other pic I have to show you is one of the baby surprise jackets that I made for a friend's baby shower recently. In the past I have made the jackets out of worsted weight yarn. But this time I chose Cabin Fever's Cotton Tweed yarn. It's a DK weight yarn and makes about a 3-6 month size jacket. I just love working with this yarn and the lady bug buttons looked great on the jacket. Also, I added a collar to this one. There's also a class coming up on the baby surprise jacket. Be sure to come by the shop and pick up a class schedule if you're interested in either of these great classes.

Hope you're enjoying the cooler weather that has finally arrived!

No comments: