Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is in the Air

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you hear the words "I love you" many times today. I thought I'd share a valentine dishcloth with you today.
I found this pattern at ttp://tricotine.typepad.com/weblog/2006/01/love_day_washcl.html. I used the cotton yarn "Saucy" from Reynolds to make my dishcloth. I adjusted it a bit to have a 2 stitch border and I ended it purling the bindoff. Otherwise, just follow the directions.

My granddaughter was so excited this morning about going to preschool. They were going to have a Valentine's party at lunch today and make their own pizzas. And she has been working diligently all week on making valentines for each of her classmates and teachers. Tonight when the shop closes, I'm going to go home and finish making the valentine's cookies that I started last night. I was planning on doing them last night, but I didn't realize that the dough needed to chill for a while. But it will be fun to cut out and decorate the cookies with my granddaughter. She LOVES to cook with me. It's just an extention of her love for doing arts and crafts I think. Anyway, here's a great cookie recipe from a friend of mine that I think you'll enjoy. http://www.theloopyewe.com/photos/sheris-blog-recipes/233/ Sheri's an awesome cook and I know her cookies will be great!




And what would Valentine's Day be without flowers. My dear sweet husband sent these to me. You may have met him in the shop because he sometimes fills in for me when I have to be away. He's the best!




Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

No comments: