Friday, February 22, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

What a gloomy day it is today with all the rain. I'm not complaining because we certainly need the rain to make up for the lack of it last year. But when the days are gloomy like this, it sometimes puts a damper on your mood. Perhaps seeing the wonderful projects that folks have finished will help lift your mood and inspire you to do new knitting or crocheting projects.

For Show and Tell today I have 2 gals that have shared their finished projects with me. First of all, Lynn brought in the baby blanket she had made out of Plymouth's Oh My and Heaven yarns. It was sooo incredibly soft. Very nice. And she was wearing a vest she had made out of Plymouth's Encore yarn. She said it was the first thing she had made that actually fit her. It was good seeing that particular color knitted up. I'll have to put it on my list for the next time I place a Plymouth order. Great job, Lynn.


Then Kristina was so kind to bring in two of her finished projects. The first one was the socks she made out of the J.Knits' "Go UT" sock yarn that we had special dyed. (By the way we have a couple of skeins left if anyone is still interested.) Kristina created her own pattern for these socks!! I don't know if you can see it or not, but she was trying to make "V's" in the design for the Tennessee Volunteers, of course. She said she'd write up the pattern for us. So let me know if you'd be interested in getting it. Then she also finished up a shawl that she had been making through the Mystic Waters KAL (Knitalong). As you can see it is absolutely gorgeous. Folks that can do such large lace projects just amaze me. As always, Kristina, you do beautiful work.

I so appreciate everyone bringing in their finished projects for me to see. If you have one that you'd like to share with us, please bring it by the shop for me to photograph.

Well, stay dry today...and try to find some time to just sit and knit or crochet. There's nothing like it to lift a person's spirit.

Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

Curlysam said...

I completely agree with your last comment. : ) The next friday night knitting group is in two weeks, right? I should be able to come then! So exciting.
-Sam

Sandy said...

Yes...the next FNKC is on March 7 from 6-9 pm. Hope to see you then Sam.

Sandy

Micky said...

That shawl is beautiful.

I hope I can make it this Friday 29th. It's been so long since I was able to come to the shop.

Micky
(I knitted the peacock feathers shawl)

Kristina Plaas said...

I'm just now catching up on my blog reading and surprise!!! Here I am :-) The shawl pictures turned out better than I had expected. It's so much fun seeing everyone's FOs