Friday, February 8, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

My customers make some of the most awesome things. They come in The Yarn Haven with a great idea for something they want to knit or crochet. Then we pick out the yarn and they go home to work on their new project. And then many times I find myself picking out yarn for myself to do that same project. :-) I get some great ideas that way.

So today, I have a couple of projects to show you that people have shared with me. The first one is a scarf made out of the Jasper yarn from Berroco. Marilyn made her son a beautiful scarf out of the brown color. I've seen this yarn knitted up in stockinette and it is so pretty...but it is equally nice in garter stitch. I think it makes a nicer man's scarf in the garter stitch. I think her son will really like it.


And then there is the first graduate of Lisa's Crayon Box Jacket class. Pam came into the shop this week modeling her newly finished jacket. As you can see it is gorgeous! What fun to use so many different shades of the same colors! This is the very first sweater that Pam has ever made. Her smiling face says it all. The others in the class are still working on completing their jackets. I hope to showcase them as soon as they are finished. So if you like this jacket and think you would like to make one for yourself, you might want to stop by the shop and sign up for the next Crayon Box Jacket class coming on Tuesdays in March. It really is a fun class and you'll learn a lot about putting different colors together. Plus Lisa is a great teacher! We're glad to have her on The Yarn Haven team!

Please bring your projects by the shop when you have finished them. If I have my camera with me, I'll take a picture of them and post them on the blog during one of our Show and Tell Fridays. Thanks Marilyn and Pam for sharing your finished projects with us!

No comments: