Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spinning Together

A couple of months ago several folks began gathering on the 2nd Saturday of each month after hours for a time to spin. It's been a lot of fun seeing the beautiful yarn that can be created from a pile of roving that looks to a non-spinner like myself like a pile of fluff. I took a photo of the gals that came to the spinning group this month. As I sat and knitted while they were spinning away, the rhythmic sound of their wheels almost put me to sleep. So whether you spin with a spindle or a wheel, or just have an interest in learning more about spinning, please come to The Yarn Haven on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 2:00 pm. The spinners here will be glad to answer any questions you might have. And just so you know, I've ordered some "Learn to Spin" kits that have a drop spindle as well as a DVD with instructions on how to use it. They should be in soon for anyone who wants to get a taste of what it's like to spin. I'm telling you, these spinners are going to have me spinning before you know it.

2 comments:

Beata said...

That's a cute picture! I'm excited about you getting spinning stuff in.

Lisa said...

Spinning is irresistible... won't be long and you'll be treadling away with the rest of us ;) I can see your resolve weaken a little more each time you see those wheels and spindles turnin'!