Monday, March 10, 2008

Friday Night Knitting Club

What fun we had last Friday evening at our Friday Night Knitting Club! We had a large group of folks come to learn how to make felted stitch markers. Cary showed us how to form the little balls using roving, how to roll them after putting them into hot water, and then once they were the right size, how to put the jewelry findings on them to make them into stitch markers. I decided to make a set in the 3 colors of The Yarn Haven's logo...plus one more using all 3 of the colors. I put regular jump rings on two of the stitch markers and then locking ones (using leverback jewelry findings) on the other two. Here is a photo of the ones I made.

Cary makes these felted stitch markers and then stitches designs on them using DMC floss. She even has an Etsy Store with her sister where she sells them. Be sure to check out her store for some fun designs - Etsy Store: Jelby. You've got to see the Easter egg stitch markers she designed. They are too cute. Thanks, Cary, for sharing with us how to make these stitch markers. It was such a fun evening making the stitch markers, and eating, and talking with everyone that I didn't even pick up my knitting needles all evening! I hope you'll join us for the next FNKC on Friday, March 21. Maybe I'll get some knitting done next time. :-)

No comments: