Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring is just around the corner

OK...maybe it was the beautiful weather we had yesterday, but I'm ready for spring. I always wish for just one snow storm each winter...just one. It doesn't have to be a lot of snow...just enough to close things down so everyone can take a day to stay home and have a break. A couple of weeks ago when snow was in the forecast, I mentioned to my granddaughter how fun it would be if it snowed...because we could all stay home and sit by the fire. She looked at me and said, "Grandmomma, that wouldn't be any fun at all. It would only be fun if you could go outside and play in the snow." My, how our perspectives are different. But as usual the snow never came this year. And now I'm over it. I'm taking down my "Let It Snow" flag in the flowerbed at home...and the snowman hanging by the door. After all, with daffodils blooming in my yard, they do look a bit silly.


And Easter will be here in just a few weeks. If you'd like to knit up some Easter eggs, stop by the shop. I've created a kit with everything you need in it to make 5 different colored Easter eggs...it even includes the stuffing! It was fun designing them...but my kids all thought they would make good stress relievers by squeezing them. Go figure.


And the Leap Day Sit 'N Stitch was such a fun time that I think we should have another designated day to sit around and enjoy each others' company while knitting or crocheting. So the first day of spring on Thursday, March 20 will be The Yarn Haven's "Spring has Sprung Sit 'N Stitch". If you've not gone out of town for Spring Break, stop by the shop and join us. We're even open until 8 pm that evening, so you can come anytime from 10 am until closing.


Enjoy the wonderful rain coming down today. We sure need it. And it makes for a perfect day to work on your current project...or at least one of them. :-) Have a blessed day!

No comments: